What is an EIM Ambassador?
EIM Ambassadors are individuals (students, early career professionals, and/or seasoned career veterans) who are trained and knowledgeable in the initiative to serve as a foundation for EIM in their local communities and institutions. Individuals will receive training at either an ACSM Regional Chapter meeting or at the ACSM Annual Meeting. Upon completion of the training, Ambassadors are asked to take a short exam to demonstrate proficient knowledge of EIM. Once they have passed, individuals receive a certificate of completion and an invitation to join the EIM Ambassador community, where they receive exposure to the latest EIM developments, opportunities to get involved in the initiative, and advanced professional training.
The mission of the EIM Ambassador Program is to develop and assist the next generation of physical activity and health professionals in spreading the mission and vision of Exercise is Medicine as EIM Ambassadors in their institutions and local communities.
Goals: The 5 E's of the EIM Ambassador Program
- Educate Ambassadors on the mission of Exercise is Medicine (EIM) and how to integrate physical activity into health care using the EIM model
- Engage Ambassadors in ongoing EIM initiatives and activities
- Expose Ambassadors to EIM leaders and professional development opportunities
- Encourage Ambassadors to share their experiences and knowledge of EIM with their institutions, local communities, and professional associations.
- Empower Ambassadors to engage healthcare providers to integrate EIM principles in their clinics and engage exercise professionals in becoming an extension of the healthcare system
- Become a leader in ACSM and EIM
- Access professional networking opportunities with peers and ACSM leaders
- Be on the leading edge of physical activity promotion in health care
- Utilize a tool to assist you in your professional goals
- Have a chance to have a direct role in promoting a healthier community
- New England - Providence, RI, 2016 (October 13-14, 2016) - Day/Time: Friday, October 14th at 2:30-3:30pm in Room 550
- Northland - Mankato, MN (October 13-14) - Day/Time: Friday, October 14th at 11:30am-12:30pm
- Southwest - Costa Mesa, CA (October 21-22, 2016) - Day/Time: Saturday, October 22nd at 10:30-11:30am
- Midwest - Ft. Wayne, IN (November 4-5, 2016) - Day/Time: Saturday, November 5th at 7:30-8:20am in Room Harrison BC
- Mid-Atlantic - Harrisburg, PA (November 4-5, 2016) - Day/Time: Saturday, November 5th at 10:00-11:00am in Ballroom A
- Greater New York - New York, NY (November 5, 2016) - Day/Time: Saturday, November 5th at 4:00-5:00pm
To learn more about the EIM Ambassador Program and if there is a training available in your region, email Jennifer Pesarchick at [email protected].