The EIM Credential
Exercise is Medicine® now offers a credential program that provides exercise professionals with the opportunity and skills to work closely with the healthcare community. The EIM Credential is earned by certified exercise professionals (or individuals with a qualifying university degree), who wish to collaborate with their local healthcare system to receive referrals to work with a variety of patients with different chronic diseases and health conditions. The EIM Credential is designed to develop highly qualified exercise professionals who will serve as part of a validated and trusted referral network in receiving patient referrals. Exercise professionals then have an opportunity to promote their services to healthcare providers and cultivate a steady stream of patient referrals.
There are currently three levels of the EIM Credential:
- Level 1 & 2 credentialed exercise professionals may work with individuals who are healthy or who have health-related issues, but have been cleared by their physicians for exercise.
- Level 3 credentialed exercise professionals may work with patients who require clinical support and monitoring.
* Click here to review the specific eligibility requirements for each EIM Credential level.
As part of the EIM Credential training process, exercise professionals will gain specific skills in:
- Navigating and applying the EIM Solution in healthcare systems
- Developing the marketing and communication skills needed to work within the healthcare system
- Interfacing as an extended member of the healthcare team and receiving patient referrals
- Developing physical activity or exercise programs for individuals with various health conditions
- Safely and effectively assessing, developing, and leading individual and group-based exercise programs
- Development of the skills needed to support sustained behavioral change
Exercise professionals may earn the EIM Credential through one of two avenues.
- Interested exercise professionals can register to view the EIM Credential training modules online. The EIM Credential Workshop is an innovative and unique webinar series consisting of five required modules, two supplemental presentations, and access to a practice EIM Credential exam. The end goal of this webinar series is to ensure that exercise professionals are fully prepared to work with patients who are in need of additional support to either prevent, manage, or treat their health condition(s).
- Exercise professionals may also choose to attend one of several 2-day, in-person EIM Credential workshops. The EIM Professional Credential Workshop awards 10 CECs from ACSM, as well as CECs from ACE and other NCCA recognized certifiers. Registration for the EIM Credential workshop also includes the proctored EIM Credential exam.
Click here to view the upcoming schedule of EIM Credential workshops offered across the United States.