Exercise is Medicine® on Campus Month
Kick off the school year by promoting Exercise is Medicine on your campus! Similar to Exercise is Medicine Month in May, Exercise is Medicine on Campus (EIM-OC) Month celebrates EIM among colleges and universities, promoting physical activity and celebrating the EIM movement across campus. Talk to campus administration, as well as your school’s city and state elected officials and urge them to declare October as EIM-OC Month. To do this, request an EIM-OC Month proclamation from your president, provost, mayor or governor! Download our sample proclamations, (insert webpage here)personalize the sample request letter, and contact your local officials. Download the EIM-OC Month Toolkit today!
EIM-OC Month promotions and/or activities can include:
- 5km walks/races
- University President, Provost, Mayor, and/or Governor proclamations
- Mud runs
- Kickball/Volleyball/Basketball tournaments
- Gladiator games
- Dance marathons
- Just Dance Parties
- Canoe or Water Races
- Obstacle Courses
- Day of play within the community
Re-occurring activities that you can do throughout EIM-OC Month could include daily:
- Health and fitness tip promoted throughout your campus
- Morning walks throughout campus
- Walk “with your doc or fitness professional” events
Finish your EIM-OC Month by hosting a celebratory event that congratulates everyone on campus and within the community for being active. Use this event to kick start another year of increased physical activity.
If you are planning an event or activity during EIM-OC Month, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Register Your Campus Today and Become an Official EIM Campus!
Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime; and
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.