One of the most important decisions your patients will make regarding their overall health is to incorporate regular physical activity (PA) into their lifestyles. Your encouragement may be the greatest influence on this decision. To help guide you in this process, EIM has developed a summary sheet for Healthcare Providers and a Healthcare Providers Action Guide - simple and effective tools to help you prescribe PA in the right “dosage.”
The Summary Sheet gives a snapshot of the Healthcare Providers Action Guide in a quick and easy downloadable one-pager.
The Action Guide provides specific guidance in working with your patients, regardless of their level of readiness to make change in their lives. We understand your time is limited, and every minute counts. This Action Guide empowers you to maximize time with your patients by helping you:
- assess the current PA levels of your patients;
- develop and use exercise prescriptions based on the health status and current activity level of your patients; and
- refer your patient to a certified exercise professional.
Key tools in the Healthcare Providers Action Guide include:
- Simple tips for starting the conversation about PA with your patients
- Safety screening tools and instructions
- Physical Activity Vital Sign (PAVS) questionnaire
- EIM Physical Activity Prescription Pad and referral tools to help get your patients to qualified exercise professionals
- Guidance on developing a network of qualified and trusted exercise professionals