Join or renew with EIMC and help us attain our vision that “Physical activity is an integral part of prevention and treatment of chronic disease in the Canadian health care system”
The EIMC Professional Network brings together health and exercise professionals promoting physical activity as a chronic disease prevention and management strategy to improve the health of Canadians. Be part of the movement that changes the way health care is delivered and chronic disease is prevented and managed in Canada. Be a leader.
Regulated health care professionals may join the EIMC Professional Network as Providers or Supporters:
Provider Members: Regulated health care professionals who can perform assessments, detailed exercise prescription, instruction, supervision, and referral as required (i.e. sport medicine physicians, chiropractors, occupational therapists, physical therapists, and regulated kinesiologists in Ontario).
- Accept patient referrals from other health care professionals for continued physical activity counseling and prescription
- Support the EIM philosophy
- Ask every patient, every time about physical activity levels, and work with their patients to help them achieve their physical activity goals
- Provide assessment, counseling strategies for behavior change, advice, and education about the importance of physical activity
Supporter Members: Regulated health professionals who have, within their scope of practice, the ability to recommend physical activity and make referrals for more detailed exercise prescription and counselling (i.e. family physicians, specialist physicians, nurses, dieticians, and psychologists)
- Support the EIM philosophy
- Endeavor to ask every patient, every time about physical activity levels
- Work with their patients to help them achieve their physical activity and health goals through education and referral for additional assessment and counselling.
What benefits will membership bring?
- The monthly EIMC Professional Network eNewsletter to keep you updated with new research and EIMC events!
- Reduced fees for EIMC workshops and continuing education opportunities
- Access to advanced training modules on exercise in chronic disease: modules available in diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis, behavior change and more!
- Unique access to the EIMC Professional Network searchable database of exercise and health professional colleagues
- Unique access to the EIMC Professional Network logo for your professional communications materials
- Access to EIMC resources and tools, such as prescription pads, posters, exercise fact sheets and more
- Identify yourself as an EIMC Professional Network member on your professional profiles e.g., LinkedIn, website, etc. and get a personal certificate for framing
- Uniquely for EIMC Recognized exercise professionals, promote your EIMC Level 1 or 2 with your CSEP or ACSM certification
In the second phase of this program, all EIMC Recognized Exercise professionals and Professional Network ‘Provider’ members will be automatically enrolled in the new on-line EIMC Professional Network networking and referral database of exercise and health professionals who provide physical activity and exercise interventions with patients.
Members support national EIMC leadership; our passionate multidisciplinary expert team is developing educational workshops, exercise prescription, referral and other decision-making tools that support professionals to assess, advise, prescribe and refer patients to community or clinical physical activity/exercise resources that support their health goals.
How do I join the EIMC Professional Network?
EIMC is a collaborative initiative involving multiple Canadian organizations sharing a common mission.
All current and new EIMC members need to register through the new EIMC Store. Registration is $50 annually.