Meeting with a local health professional to promote your exercise professional services?
Prepare a professional package to leave with your health care colleague including:
- Brief personal cover letter (template to come) explaining your services, and highlighting your EIMC Professional Network membership;
- EIMC Exercise Prescription and Referral tool;
- EIMC Guide to Prescribing Exercise;
- EIMC article published in March 2016 Ontario Medical Review;
- EIMC article published in Dec 2014 Canadian Family Physician Journal;
- Brief CV; and
- Your business card.
Practice delivering your message with your personal physician or friends who practice within health care. Take their feedback into account when meeting with other local health professionals who are potential patient referral sources.
Be Yourself, Be:
- Professional and sincere;
- Helpful and friendly;
- Knowledgeable and approachable.
Recommend the powerful Dr. Mike Evans 23 and 1/2 hours video (9 minutes long!) as a patient teaching tool to develop patient motivation to increase their physical activity level for health.Print this Page