Exercise is Medicine at Memorial University is in its inaugural year. This year will be a building year for the group focusing on developing organization and establishing ourselves within the Memorial University community.
Club Mandate: Promote exercise as a method of disease prevention and treatment and increase education to university students at Memorial University regarding exercise prescription.
- Promote introduction of exercise prescription into the Memorial University medical school and other health care educational programs curriculum at Memorial
- Increase the number of health care professionals assessing, prescribing, and counselling patients in physical activity, and referral to appropriate resources within the province of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Create a social media presence regarding exercise promotion to Memorial University students as well as other health care practitioners
- Provide opportunities for Memorial University students, faculty and the community of St. John's and surrounding area to participate in physical activity
- Work to establish access and education surrounding exercise for disease treatment and prevention in rural communities in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Visit our Facebook page!Print this Page