Exercise is Medicine® On Campus (EIM-OC) launched the Mascot Challenge in October 2017 to celebrate EIM On Campus Month, inviting registered campuses to submit creative videos of their mascots or an iconic campus figure promoting physical activity.
All EIM-OC registered campuses are invited to create a video of how their program promotes the importance of physical activity. The EIM On Campus Committee encourages you to get REUNITED IN MOVEMENT. Last year, we invited you to submit your video using “Sweat Off the Stress” as the theme to demonstrate ways your leadership team found to stay healthy physically and mentally during the pandemic. Now that we are getting back together, we invite you to show us how your EIM-OC leadership team is reuniting your campus in movement! Are you holding outdoor classes? Hosting lunch and learns? Getting teams together for 5Ks? We want to see all the ways in which you are moving together again in 2021. Get creative! It’s your chance to show your school pride as well as earn bragging rights and a $1,000 grant.
The EIM On Campus Committee launched a blog series around this year's Mascot Challenge. Blogs are being released weekly with helpful tips, tricks, and ideas for your video submission!
Don't worry if your campus isn't registered yet. You still have time to register and participate! Read the EIM-OC Action Guide to learn how to form a campus leadership team. Once your leadership team is in place, complete the online EIM-OC registration form and submit your video by October 15.
2021 Video Submission Guidelines
- 90 seconds or less in length (think of this like a commercial)
- An original video that has not yet been submitted to the Mascot Challenge
- Accurately represent the values of Exercise is Medicine®
- Focus on physical activity and healthy lifestyle behaviors
- No Mascot? No Problem. Video challenge participation is not contingent upon the mascot being part of the video. Think creatively about who can representative your campus (university/college mascot, president, a faculty advisor or an iconic campus representative).
- Represent activities that take place on your campus or in your local community
- Avoid foul language and violent or sexual content
- Avoid any political or discriminatory content
- Avoid overt or obvious branding (i.e. If the video character drinks water, use a plain bottle instead of one with a brand logo on it.)
- Use only audio (music) and images to which you or the institution owns the rights
- Have fun showing your school spirit and pride!
- $1,000 grant for 2021 Mascot Challenge winner (selected by a panel of ACSM and EIM multidisciplinary leaders).
- Trophy and bragging rights for Fan Favorite (selected by public voting on YouTube).
- Second and third place in this category will also receive prizes.
How to Enter
- Create a video.
- Upload your video titled “[School name] Exercise is Medicine® On Campus Mascot Challenge 2021” along with your completed application form.
How to Vote for the Fan Favorite
- Once voting opens, ACSM will change the status of all video submissions to “public” on YouTube. EIM will email the voting links to all individuals listed as the “school contact” on the application.
- Each like or “thumbs up” of the video within the YouTube platform will count as a vote. Negative or “thumbs down” votes will NOT count against a video’s positive votes.
- The video with the most “likes” at the end of the voting period will be declared the Fan Favorite winner.
- The video submission period begins Monday, September 20 and ends at 5:00 PM EDT on Friday, October 15.
- Voting opens on Wednesday, October 20 and ends at 5:00 PM EDT on Wednesday, October 27.
- The winners will be announced on Friday, October 29.
View the Challenge Contest Rules with additional tips, including sample social media posts. Need some inspiration? Check out all of the 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 submissions.
Contact us with questions about contest rules and eligibility or to assist with video submission and/or promotion.