Exercise is Medicine Singapore is part of a global effort to increase physical activity and make exercise prescription and exercise as a vital sign a standard part of doctor’s visits. Exercise has been proven to help prevent and improve many common chronic medical conditions such as diabetes, osteoporosis, knee osteoarthritis, and obesity.
If you have any medical conditions, please check with your physician/doctor before engaging in a new physical activity program.
Here are some exercises that can be performed using simple outdoor exercise equipment to help you get started:
Here are some more advanced exercises to try!
Do bear in mind that not only exercise, but also a healthy and well-balanced diet also plays a part in keeping you in good shape.
Please visit any of our EIMS-certified doctors/fitness trainers to get started on your fitness and health journey.
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Children
2011/12 National Survey of Children’s Health
Chronic Diseases and Health Promotion
- FAQs by Older Adults About Physical Activity
- Physical Activity Guidelines - Ch. 5: Active Older Adults
- National Institute on Aging - Exercise and Physical Activity
- Health and Wellness Information for Older Adults from the NIH
- The EASY Screening Tool
- Center for Healthy Aging
- Administration on Aging: Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
OtherPrint this Page