As health systems move toward value-based care, EIM can be part of a population health approach to stratifying at-risk patient groups and providing opportunities for healthy lifestyle interventions.
- Educate your colleagues on the benefits of prescribing physical activity for improved health outcomes. Use in-services or grand rounds. EIM can provide slides and materials for your presentations.
- Talk to medical leadership and administrators about integrating the Physical Activity Vital Sign into the EHR, developing a physical activity order set, and forming partnerships with local evidence-based physical activity programs and facilities.
- Consider launching EIM as a quality improvement project by collecting and analyzing data on workflow, patient outcomes, etc., and feeding it back to the team to optimize practice.
- Develop a collaborative team including providers, informatics staff, patient navigators, and others to develop efficient tools and pathways for assessment and referral.
- Write a brief article about your EIM work for your health system's newsletter, email or website.
- A comprehensive toolkit developed by EIM Greenville can be purchased through ACSM to help guide your efforts and can eliminate hours of work and unnecessary mistakes.
- Contact EIM staff for more information.