Exercise is Medicine® offers a credential program that recognizes exercise professionals who possess the education and skills to work closely with the health care community and referred patients, including those with common chronic diseases and health conditions. Certified exercise professionals or individuals with a qualifying university degree can earn the EIM Credential. The credential signifies that an exercise professional is part of the EIM movement and has the skills and training to be part of EIM programs affiliated with health care systems and/or in community settings.
The EIM Credential currently features three levels:
- Level 1 & 2: These credentialed exercise professionals may work with individuals who are healthy or who have health-related issues, but have been cleared by their physicians for exercise.
- Level 3: These credentialed exercise professionals may work with patients who require clinical support and monitoring.
* Click here to review the specific eligibility requirements for each EIM Credential level.
Some applicants may be required to take the EIM online course to obtain the Credential. Through the EIM Credential online course, exercise professionals will gain specific knowledge regarding how to:
- Navigate and apply the EIM Solution in health care systems;
- Understand the changing health care landscape and the potential opportunity for EIM and qualified exercise professionals;
- Develop physical activity or exercise programs for individuals with various health conditions; and
- Develop the skills needed to support sustained behavioral change;
Interested exercise professionals can register to take the EIM Credential Workshop online. This webinar series consists of five required modules, two supplemental presentations and a practice exam. The end goal of this webinar series is to ensure that exercise professionals are fully prepared to work with patients who need additional support to prevent, manage or treat health condition(s).