The EIM Research Learning Collaborative (RLC) is a new initiative to bring together peers to learn, share and apply best practices from the academic research community combined with the wisdom of front-line community service providers. The EIM Research Learning Collaborative will focus on the dissemination, adoption and adaptation of best practices for integrating physical activity (PA) into diverse health systems, creating systemic changes to promote physical activity as an integral part of patient care and population health.
Potential areas of exploration within the EIM Research Learning Collaborative include:
- Integrating physical activity into clinical workflows (i.e., physical activity assessment, prescription and referral);
- Enhancing clinic-community linkages in connecting patients to physical activity programs, places and professionals;
- Assessing the health outcomes and cost effectiveness of different clinic-based PA interventions;
- Making physical activity a standard of care for diverse and underserved populations;
- EIM-related models promoting physical activity in health systems from around the world; and
- Integrating physical activity in health professional training programs (i.e., medical school)
The EIM Research Collaborative will include the following components:
- Live virtual events approximately every two months including webinars, reviews of published work and open discussions;
- Sharing of resources to support sustained learning;
- Connection to a global network of people who are knowledgeable and passionate about conducting EIM-related research;
- Opportunities to share progress and seek out assistance on current research efforts; and
- Consultation and discussion on future research and grant ideas
Who can participate?
- Senior research scientists serving in mentoring roles
- Early career scientists, faculty members and post-doctoral students
- Graduate students (Master and Doctoral)
- Clinicians/health care decisionmakers who are interested in engaging in health care-related PA research
The goal of the EIM Research Learning Collaborative is to increase the capacity and connectivity of research scientists at all levels. Our ultimate goal is to expand the evidence-base of best practices for making physical activity assessment and promotion a standard in clinical care, connecting health care with evidence-based physical activity resources for people everywhere of all abilities.
If you are interested in joining the EIM Research Learning Collaborative, please click here to provide us with your contact information. We will add you to our listserv so that you receive our future communications. We expect to begin our series of activities in early August.Print this Page